Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  This is probably my first post that is non dance related, I can usually find a way to tie any subject or muse or observation into something relating to dance, but today I just want to wish you a wonderful day full of whatever things make you happy and thankful.
I personally, have had some frustrating events occur over the past few months and have at times I'm sure, not been the most graceful, accepting, or thankful for the trials and tribulations that have been thrown at me, and although everyday I try to remind myself that despite feeling frustrated, upset or angry, life is pretty darn great, and I'm one lucky individual to have people in my life who love me, to have a job(s) that I enjoy, a roof over my head and food on my plate, sometimes there is still that small grumbling inside my head going "harumph" when things don't go as I'd planned.  I found this quote and thought it was fitting and very true:

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. 
Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. 
Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.


What an awesome place the world could be if everyday we received kindness and gave gratitude in return, expressed our thankfulness, and followed that emotion through with thanksgiving to those around us.  So, may your Thanksgiving, and your days to come be filled with gratitude, thankfulness, and thanksgiving!  (Oh yeah, and hopefully some pumpkin pie too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment