Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Tutus Chic

I know, I know, the number of time I've mentioned or blogged about Etsy is probably getting a bit ridiculous.  But they just have some of the greatest things!  My mom, always on the lookout for ballerina bobbles for me, found Tutus Chic on Etsy, and I'm pretty much in love with their dreamy, ethereal and pretty products. 
I'm always on my students to come to class in buns (especially my teenage students... oh to have those hormones).  Hair pieces and accessories are super trendy these days, but Tutus Chic have a nice vintage and extra girly hair options.  Who could not want to put their hair in a bun if you had these pretty pins to dress it up?


Headbands are all the rage now too, and sadly, I've felt like I could never really rock them, but isn't this one so chic?

And because ballerinas and their grace and poise are so timeless, there are many wedding trends and inspirations to be gleaned from ballerina fashions.  I love this blue wreath, something blue in a flower girls hair would be too sweet!


Creator Sarah says she is "...known to have been inspired by the paintings of Degas and his Paris Opera dancers whose waists are wrapped in silk over clouds of tulle. However, nothing is better than old world elegance influenced by today's world market."  I couldn't agree with this or her vision more, hurray for Tutus Chic!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you Katrena. I could not have said it better~ I am so flattered and also pleased to hear that you are a ballet teacher too! There is so much beauty to be "borrowed" from classical ballet, isn't there?
    Cheers~
    Sarah
    TutusChic

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    I loved your entire blog so much that I posted it on my TutusChic Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/TutusChic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah! I'll be sure to keep my eye on your fantastic creations, I completely agree with you that there is much to borrow, appreciate, and find inspiration from ballet. Thanks for the facebook shout out too!
    Best,
    Katrena

    ReplyDelete