Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Let's Go Fly A Kite! (And other party inspirations)

You know how you have those go-to stores, the ones that you can always count on to find some little treasure or inspire a new project, or that just make you think happy thoughts?  Cost Plus (or World Market as some call it) is one of those stores for me.  I know whenever I pop into this store I'll always find at least one thing that I love (and usually more like 5 or 6).  And even if I'm not looking to buy Cost Plus always seems to have products that give me an idea for a future project or give me a boost of inspiration.
A few weeks ago I was wandering the aisles at the Walnut Creek Cost Plus and found some super cute birthday and gift wrappings.  Check out my blog Wrap It Up on some of the other great wrappings I've found there.  Summer birthdays have the great advantage of beautiful weather and bright colors to work into party color palates.  The gift wrapping items below are bright, fun and sweet - I don't know the next time I have a friend's birthday party to attend, but I hope it's soon so I can use some of these!

A language lesson & a cute bag!

Pretty goodie bags

Bright tags & bags

Ribbon shreds = fun!


As I mentioned, great weather is another bonus to summer parties.  These kites caught my eye and had to snap a few pictures; I thought they were just too artistic not to share!  Can you remember the last time you flew a kite?  Me neither... but if I had some of these to take with me I'm sure I'd make a day out of it.  It's a great idea for a party as well - either have kites on hand for guests to use or have them bring their own.  Add some great picnic food items, maybe some lemonade and sunscreen and ta-daaaa!  Great party underway!

What a wingspan!

Love these colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment