Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back To School Goodies!

It's almost heeeeeerrrreeee!  TV commercials and online ads are probably bombarding you with reminders that it is indeed the season for Back To School!  I imagine that the parents are probably more thrilled about this than the kids (see the funny below), and I myself approach the season with a bit of conflict myself... On one hand I'm excited as a student myself to get back into the learning groove, to use my brain to its full potential and attempt to put some of the knowledge back in that inescapably has leaked out over the weeks, months, and years, but on the other hand August still feels so much like summer to me (especially in California), that get I get a bit bummed by the eminence of the end of one of my favorite seasons.  Yet, overall my feelings about Back To School are ones of excitement, and in the spirit of that, I've listed some of the coolest and (in my opinion) must haves for Back To School 2012!

I love someecards...

So if you have some kiddos on hand who are of the Not So Excited about Back To School variety, what better way to welcome them home with a great snack?  Milk and cookies, anybody?  Shop Sweet Lulu has an adorable collection of many great festive things, including these old fashioned milk bottles, which I think make for an adorable (and yummy) snack.  Pictured here are both glass and plastic versions.  Plus, these make great beverage containers for any party you might have coming up in your future!





Babble.com has a neat blog called The Family Kitchen, which is where I found some of the coolest (and weirdest) new lunch bags and boxes.  Lunch boxes were always my favorite acquisition at Back To School time... I'll never forget my purple My Little Pony lunch box.  It would probably be vintage nowadays, I should look for that thing ....

Planetbox's variation on the lunch box

And what would Back To School be without a cute pair of new shoes?  Of course I'm partial to ballet flats, but Old Navy has these cute polka dot lace ups that still keep some of that light summery feeling, which I dig.

So there you have it, some of my faves for Back To School!  Hope the new school year brings you and yours lots of fun, knowledge, friends, and good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment