Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

And a Very Happy (Un)Birthday To You!

I was so excited to celebrate the festivities of the holiday weekend with my family.  In addition to our plans for the fourth, we had an unbirthday party for my niece since neither my mom, dad or I got to spend the actual birthday day with her (hence the unbirthday bit), but my family is not one to need a cause to celebrate, eat good food, and have a good time.  Of course, my mom is the master of making fantastic sweets, and she found some fun party ware that brought some extra giggles to the table.
Along with the unbirthday, we were also celebrating my brother's birthday (belatedly), and Father's Day (again, belatedly). Their joint gifts were trips to The Art of Shaving in downtown Walnut Creek to get treated to a traditional shave (they highly recommend it too!  They both came out with faces smooth as a baby's skin.  We actually did do a comparison check to my 3 month old nephew...success)!  So it's only fitting that we had mustache straw to sip our tea and be silly with at lunch.  Mustache straws you may ask? Yes, indeed.  Check them out Etsy, or click here to see these super cute and fun/ny creations by so & such.  




The pink stripes add a fun girly punch, and the different styles of mustaches are fun to try on and pose with.  Obviously my niece and I had a blast not only playing with our 'stashes, but eating our pink lemonade cake and Funfetti cake pops; I'm so glad I have these pictures and memories to look back on and smile.

Hope you had a fantastic fourth!

1 comment: