Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bag Lady


I’ll admit it; I’m a bag lady.  Going out to my car in the mornings and coming home at night I typically lug no less than 3 bags in and out with me.  In my defense, they are organized, and they are all necessary.  There’s my teaching bag – with my lesson plans, syllabus books, music and teaching shoes.  My school book carries notebooks and text books for the classes I’m taking, and I would be one grumpy woman if I didn’t tote around a lunch bag with me, when my blood sugar is low I’m not the most cheery of people.  Now I don’t really mind being a bag lady because I’m a fashionable one; my bags are just paper and plastic grocery bags (although those do have a time and place), my bags are cute and fun as well as functional. 

Love this bag! A gift from Janice - she knows I love a bag.

Lucy tote- compliments of The Dailey Method Benicia

A handmade gift from my friend Kristina!

Check out the cute lining!

Maybe my love of bags stems from my early dance training.  As a young and aspiring ballerina, you are taught that it’s important to have a dance bag – one place where all of your dance things (shoes, leotard, hair pins etc) go so that when the time comes to dance, you’re organized and ready to go.  Here are a few cute ballet bag options for the mini ballerinas you may have in your life! (These are all from discountdance.com).  It's a well known truth that the grown ups end up carrying these totes for their tots, you might as well look good while you’re doing it!




4 comments:

  1. glad i could contribute to your bag lady coolness

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my favorite bag lady. who i missssss dearly......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Thanks for enabling my bag lady coolness like Janice too! : )

      Delete