Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Half-Pint & Kamara Designs

While browsing around downtown Sonoma the other day I popped into Half-pint, a cute boutique full of stylish clothes for little uns.  I have a niece and nephew with birthdays coming up, so Half-pint seemed like a great find to treasure hunt. Here's their Facebook page to see some of their goodies.  They have clothes, accessories and some toys for boys and girls sizes newborn to 14.
My eyes have an uncanny knack to spot whatever is dance related/inspired wherever I am (stores, parks, the grocery store, I'm sure it can get pretty annoying to whomever is unluckily accompanying me), and almost immediately I spotted some ultra cute baby ballet slippers.  Frosted in hot pinks and soft purples with ribbons and flowers, I was immediately charmed.  Upon closer inspection the brand behind the cuteness turned out to be Kamara designs.  After checking out their website, I found that this company makes infant Mary-Janes, tutus and hair accessories as well.  Check it out here.  


Last year some of my students did a ballet shoe decorating project for National Dance Week and it was a hit (here's the blog post), I can't imagine any little student or Ballerina Birthday girl and her friends that I've worked with who wouldn't love slippers like these.  They're perfect for a party or dress up (just so you know, most dance schools won't allow slippers like these for actual dance class due to uniform regulations), or just to wear around the house and feel pretty in!

No comments:

Post a Comment