Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Ballerina Reads!

It has been far too long since my last post, so sorry!  We're still in the process of updating our website (it's turned into one of those projects that takes much longer than originally anticipated)! In the meantime, thank you for being patient and checking out the blog! I hope to bring you the new site soon!

So spring has definitely sprung, and for California, there's even a touch of summer in the air!  I don't know about you, but summer makes me want to stock up on good books to read (along with fun dresses, sunglasses, and flip flops), and my quest for summer reading has already begun.  I've mentioned before that one of my favorite places in a bookstore is the children's section, so it's no surprise that for my summer reading I'm adding a few Ballerina Birthday friendly books to the pile.  Here are a few of my favorite finds!

Part-time Princess by Deborah Underwood and Illustrated by
Cambria Evans.  A fun story of an ordinary girl by day who braves trollsand dragons by
night, while attending balls and teas!
Ella Bella Ballerina and Cinderella by James Mayhew.
Beautifully illustrated and charming stories of Ella Bella
and her adventures with characters from well known ballets.
Miss Lina's Ballerinas and the Prince by Grace Maccarone and
Illustrated by Christine Davenier.  Another beautifully illustrated
book that follows the adventures of Miss Lina's ballerinas
in fun rhyming fashion.
All these are available on Amazon, or at your local bookseller.  Be sure to check out my past blog posts on great ballet reads here.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment