Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tutu Easy

Ballerinas can never have too many tutus!  (Say that five times fast)!  Tutus are works of art in and of themselves, and definitely qualify as a labor of love. However, there is something to be said for busy women with demanding tutu lovers (children, grandchildren, nieces, cousins, or in my case, my students) on their hands.  Enter the easiest, no sew tutu you'll ever find.  I have to give my mom credit for this one (again).  She has a knack for finding great sites with fun flourishes like littlelizardking.blogspot.com.


Mom and I tried the Tutu Tutorial out (you can purchase the pattern for $5) and we had a full, fluffy tutu in under an hour.  Thanks to Deacon the dog for willingly modeling our hard work (can you see him eyeing his treat/bribe in the pictures below)?  I'm planning on making a green one for my niece for St. Patty's Day, and I'll definitely be trying to make a few every week, so that future Ballerina Birthday girls can enjoy!



Interested in the history of the tutu?  Class Act is a great resource not only for ordering tutus, but for a brief and fun history of all that tulle! 
www.classacttutu.com/hints-history-of-tutus



1 comment: