Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ballerina Tea

Well with Valentine's Day over and March around the corner, I'm itching for spring.  The Bay Area hills have started to turn green and I see buds persistently trying to poke out, the signs of spring are beginning and I love it!  I have a few spring Ballerina Birthday parties coming up which I'm really looking forward to, and in anticipation and celebration of spring I've been searching for inspirations and fun new ideas.  I suppose tea isn't a specifically spring thing, but it does conjure images for me of lounging outside among green grass, flowers and roses with something to sip and enjoying the sunshine after a cold winter.  I've always been a fan of tea: iced, hot, pots of, and parties!  I remember my mom teaching me about English tea traditions, reading about the history of tea, and visiting several beautiful tea houses with her.  (Camilla Tea Room in Benicia has always been one of our favorites).  Although I don't think of tea as a specifically girly thing, tea parties do bring to mind visions of small tea cups and saucers, mini sandwiches and scones, and little girls giggling over petite treats.
I found the blog 'Stylish Children's Parties' and a submission by Melissa on a beautifully done ballerina tea party.  It looks like the epitome of imagination, fun and little girl delight.  I suggest you check out the blog here, and I've included some of the beautiful photos as well.  This party definitely provides some wonderful inspiration; now in addition to itching for spring to come I'm itching for a ballerina tea party!




No comments:

Post a Comment