Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pretty Pretty Princess

You know how sometimes out of nowhere seeing something or someone will trigger a long forgotten memory and a wave of nostalgia and memories come rushing your way?  I had one of those moments yesterday when a brief conversation with an old time family friend reminded me of family gatherings of long ago.  Summer and fall days spent in a cabin surrounded by trees, creeks and wonderful California nature, bunkbeds, my mom's home cooking, and board games to pass the rainy days with.
I realize that nowadays board games are something of an antique.  Wii's and Playstations are more de rigueur, but there's something about gathering friends and family around a board game that that just brings a smile to my face.  One such game that I have fond memories of is Pretty Pretty Princess.  I have to say that I was quite the pretty pretty princess in my day, so this game was right up my alley.  The simple rules allow players to move ahead spaces and take necklaces, rings and eventually (if you're lucky) a crown to advance on your journey and win the game.  This old school video sums it up pretty perfectly (enjoy the throwback to the early 90's TV ads)...


After doing a bit of research, it looks like Hasbro has updated the look of the game (here's the link on Amazon), which I think is fantastic, considering it's a perfect game for all aspiring princesses, ballerinas, fairies, etc... In fact, I might just get myself a new game and put it in my arsenal of games to play during Ballerina Birthdays!  (Just in case you're wondering Pin the Tutu on the Ballerina is another personal favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment