Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Creative Crafts

Happy April!  Despite the persistent rain of late, I've had some fun spring crafts in the works and wanted to share!  I had a Ballerina Birthday this past weekend with a gaggle of boys in attendance and wanted to make sure they had something fun to dance and play around in, and I thought capes would be a perfect prop for would be knights errant, pirates and princes.  I'm planning to spruce them up a bit with maybe some fur trim or a lightening bolt applique, but these were super quick and easy to make, and fun for playtime.  I also found these paper masks at JoAnn's and decorated them up with some glitter paint, markers, and some stones, another quick and fun craft for your super heros or masked ball debutantes.  



A few weeks ago I was inspired by a Fancy Nancy craft I found at Michael's for a butterfly bracelet.  Here's my version, done with a child's hair tie, ribbon, and a paper butterfly.  This could also double as a ponytail holder, but also looks pretty cute as an accessory I think!



My good friend Janice is off to a new home and adventure in Seattle and while she was cleaning she came across these cute pink lanterns she used to throw me a birthday party a few years back.  She passed them on to me, and I paired them with a wonderful strand of paper roses I found at Baksheesh in Sonoma (a favorite store of mine in the downtown area).  So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment