Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Oh Crafty Day! #2 - Mug Tutorial

And the crafting continues!  The hobby horses were great gifts for the kiddos on my list, but for the adults on my list I wanted to provide a gift that was a bit more versatile, yet still unique and fun!  Again, my inspiration came from this Pin via Pinterest, and really this craft couldn't be simpler.  It's as easy as picking up some mugs from the Dollar Store, a few Sharpies, and finding a design, quote, or doodle that's to your liking.  Pop them in the oven and you have a personalized gift!

I found all my mugs at the Dollar Store and used several different
kinds of Sharpies - I figured a ceramic friendly kind would be best
and washed the mug thoroughly before starting.

Sometimes C is for...

Coffee! (I love Cookie Monster, but sometimes this is just
more appropriate)! After you're done drawing the design,
just pop in the oven at 350 for 30 min

I made these couple cups for my brother and sister-in-law.

When paired with some coffee and tea mixes and a movie they had
a cozy date night in kit!

I loved how the gold turned out on the black mug...

Remember to keep the design down far enough on the mug for
its owners lips not to touch where the Sharpie has been, unless
you know the marker you've used is non-toxic.

And, I wanted to add my own little touch on the handle :)
See, how easy was that?! Just in case you were wondering, these are best hand washed, not in the dishwasher (I speak from experience). Whether these are a gift for yourself, or for others, maybe party favors even, they are a great and easy way to customize and specialize the gift giving process!

No comments:

Post a Comment