Welcome!

The Ballerina Birthday is an event service based in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in children's parties for young movers who love to dance, prance, and whirl! We believe that celebrating is best done in a tutu and that shared giggles are the best presents!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Ballerina Project

There isn't a dancer I know (big or small) who isn't involved in their own "ballerina project".  The act of coming to class every day, or every week, is part of the discipline (and to me, beauty) of my chosen art.  I believe dancers, and what many people observe and admire about dancers is their very aware and present presence.  From a young age, dancers are taught to bring their entire being to their classes and their performances, to not leave part of you behind.  Dancing requires every essence of an individual's being, and like in many other sports and arts, dancers are demanded that they be respectful and committed; dancers take on these qualities in a special way.  It can be seen in their intense focus during class, and in their grace walking down the street.


Photo: Dane Shitagi


The Ballerina Project showcases some amazingly beautiful photography, and I think their projects capture the universal quiet poise that dancers are admired for radiating.  These photos make me thoughtful and very glad to be a dancer and to have dance's grace in my life.

2 comments:

  1. omg! the ballerina project is my new favorite blog! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this site. ! Do you know how badly I wish I could be a ballerina! These photos are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete